Toys and Childcare
Your industry, our focus
In this era of globalized sourcing, importers, retailers and manufacturers are facing important challenges, especially in the Toys & Children Products’ industry, definitely one of the most highly regulated.
Most national and international authorities impart civil and penal liability upon the importer, considered to have the same responsibilities as a manufacturer.
It is our endeavour to be a Quality Assurance and Control global solution provider for the business lines we specialize on, toys being one of our dearest specialties and certainly the one we care about with most dedication.
Our Service Scope
Committed to be your reliable quality control solution provider, Eurofins takes a proactive position in securing and monitoring all the steps of your supply chain, separately or as a whole.
From collection review, product concept assessment and regulatory guidance, all the way through testing and product inspections, down to market surveillance control plans, Eurofins is able to deliver professional and customized solutions.
Expert Services & Regulatory
- Technical Sheets generation: compilation of regulations requirements applicable per product/market
- Assistance on documentary review and set up of technical dossiers (TCF)
- Markings review: Label, artwork, instruction manual review according to different legislations and destination markets
- Protocols Ad-hoc development according to customer´s request and expected/intended use of the product (Critical control points)
- EU REACH assessment, registration, dossier preparation
- Toy risk assessment
Lab Testing Services
To accomplish our assessment services and from a network of over 20 laboratories, Eurofins is fully competent to help you meeting the destination market standards for your imported products, by providing a range of lab testing services, englobed as follows:
- Physical and mechanical testing - Evaluation of the products’ resistance, usage and overall safety.
- Chemical testing - Appraisal of the presence of restricted substances or any unwanted hazardous chemicals.
- Electrical testing - Based on the relevant product standards.
- Fitness for use and performance - By direct or comparative testing procedures.
Global Toy Safety
Through our international network of laboratories and competence centers, Eurofins is able to provide a comprehensive global offer for toy testing compliance for the following destination markets, within others:
- ISO 8124 Series standards
- Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC (TSD)
- EN 71 Series Standards
- REACH Regulation (SVHC, Annex XVII, Annex XIV…)
- Regulation (EC) 1272/2008: classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures (CLP)
- Cosmetic Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009
- For electrical toys: EN 62115, RoHS, EMC, RED and Battery Directives
- Persistent Organic Pollutants (POP) Regulation
- Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004- Materials in contact with food (including national deviations)
- Directive 87/357/EEC- Products imitating food
- French Decree of 26 October 2015 - Formamide on puzzle mats
- Danish Statutory orders No 855 and 866 – Phthalates and lead
Australia & New Zealand
- AS/NZS ISO 8124-1- Mechanical and physical properties
- AS/NZS ISO 8124-2- Flammability
- AS/NZS ISO 8124-3- Migration of certain elements
- Specific Consumer Product Safety Standards (mandatory standards) and bans on certain products
- SOR/2011-17 - Toys regulations
- SOR/2016-188 - Phthalates regulations
- SOR/2016-193 - Surface coating materials regulations
- SOR/2016-194 - Textile flammability regulations
- SOR/2010-273 - Consumer products containing lead (contact with mouth) regulations
- Upholstered and stuffed articles - Ontario, Manitoba, Quebec
- Japan Food Sanitation Law. Section 4
- Japan Toy Safety Standard ST (Industry Standard):
- Physical & mechanical properties
- Chemical properties
- Evaluate the performance of a product in a repeatable and reliable way taking into account its real use by real consumers.
- Our protocols follow:
- Industry standard
- In-house developed methods
- Flash test (Under the vigilance of a technical expert)
- Comparative or hedonic use test on lambda consumers
- Focus group, etc.…
All data obtained during the test are statistically treated and monitored using different systems (Friedemann, Student, Anova, and more), depending on the final objective and the established test protoco