CPTnew >> Industries >> Construction & Building

Seguridad y Calidad

Construction & Building

Your industry, our focus

Construction and Building

Construction & Building

Eurofins serves manufacturers of construction and decorative products with independent testing and certification, covering a wide variety of products and materials:

  • Stone and cement
  • Insulation material
  • Wooden elements and boards, and parquet
  • Resilient (flexible) floorings, e.g. vinyl, linoleum, rubber, cork
  • Wall elements, wall coverings
  • Coatings, e.g. paints, varnishes, adhesives
  • Other construction chemicals, e.g. sealants
  • Ceramic tiles
  • Road traffic noise barriers
  • Windows and external pedestrian doorsets
  • Curtain walling
  • Industrial, commercial and garage doors and gates
  • Handles and knobs
  • External blinds and shutters
  • Fixed, vertical road traffic signs

Coatings and VOC Testing

Volatile Organic Compounds

VOC content

  • Tests for Decopaint Directive, for LEED, and for export to the USA:
    • ISO 11890-1, -2
    • CARB 2007 SCM
    • SCAQMD rules 1113 and 1168
    • SCAQMD methods 304, 303, 316
    • ASTM D2369, D3960
    • EPA method 24
    • VOC emissions
    • Test for European regulations:
    • French VOC classes “Loi Grenelle”, ISO 16000
    • AgBB
    • CEN TC 351 WG2
  • Tests for voluntary low VOC labels / ratings and for LEED 2012:
    • CDPH method “Section 01350”
    • Blue Angel
    • Finnish M1 label
    • Danish Indoor Climate Label
    • AFSSET guideline
  • Pre-tests:
    • Microchamber
    • ISO 17895 in-can VOCs

More about VOC Testing >

Chemical Regulations

    • Toxicological evaluation
    • Safety Data Sheets
    • SVHC testing
    • Safety gloves testing
    • Danish MAL code
  • Printing inks for packaging
    • Photo initiators in UV curing
    • Inks e.g. 21 compounds incl.
    • Benzophenone
    • Global migration
    • Specific migration
    • Content


  • Performance tests
    • Hiding power, ISO 6504, ISO 2814
    • Drying, ISO 9117
    • Wet-scrub resistance, ISO 11998
    • Abrasion, ISO 7784
    • Impact resistance, ISO 6272
    • Adhesion, ISO 4624
    • Cross-cut test, ISO 2409
    • Artificial weathering, ISO 11341
  • Physico-chemical tests
    • Density, ISO 2811-1
    • Viscosity, Brookfield
    • Colour, ISO 7724
    • Ash content, NF T30-012
    • Non-volatile-matter content, ISO 3251
  • Consumer perception
    • Comparative evaluation by a consumer panel

Drinking Water Installations

Products to be used in buildings for drainage between property boundary and tap water must be approved for drinking water.

And, therefore, must be approved in accordance with the Building Regulations - whether they are plastic pipes, fittings, faucets, filters or other types of products.

General Requirements in Approved for Drinking Water

  • All products in contact with drinking water that are part of the fixed installation up to the drainage site are included.
  • Building materials must not give rise to contamination of chemical substances that may pose a health hazard.
  • The composition of the construction product must be documented so that relevant testing for fouling can be carried out.
  • Filters must not give rise to accumulation and release of microorganisms.

To obtain approval from the Secretariat, the product must be tested.

We offer advice to product grouping and setup of test programs. Of course, we also test the product and help get the documentation fully in place.

Please contact us to learn more about your options about optaining the GDV for your products.

Legal Background / Regulations

  • EU Construction Products Regulation
    • New Approach, CE marking
    • Several standards as basis of European CE marking
      • EN 14041 - Textile, resilient and laminate floorings
      • EN 14342 - Wooden floorings
      • EN 16000 - VOC emissions testing
      • EN 14388 - Road traffic noise reducing devices (noise barrier)
      • EN 14351-1 - Windows and external pedestrian doorsets
      • EN 13830 - Curtain walling
      • EN 13241-1 - Industrial, commercial and garage doors and gates
      • EN 1906 - Handles and knobs
      • EN 1932 - External blinds and shutters
  • Several national regulations, e.g. German Ü mark, French regulations on VOC emissions, California CDPH Section 1350
  • European (E1), US and Californian (CARB) and Japanese restriction of formaldehyde emissions
  • Decopaint Directive (EU) and local US States regulations on VOC in paints, coatings, adhesives and sealants, e.g.SCAQMD

Construction & Building Services

Chemical Analyses

  • Determination of major ingredients e.g. lead in paint
  • Determination of trace compounds
  • Determination of hazardous substances
  • Determination of emissions of VOC, solvents, formaldehyde, isocyanates, ...
  • Determination of migration
    • Into skin
    • From drinking water tubes

Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)

  • Content determination
  • Emissions testing


  • Determination for European E1 classification (EN 717-1)
  • Determination for ecolabels and purchase specifications

Indoor air monitoring:

Ecolabels and regulations

Sustainable or "Green" Buildings

  • Consulting, material testing, auditing for LEED, BREEAM, HQE and more



  • Company specific seminar / training
  • Inventory of hazardous materials
  • Communication along supply chain
  • Exposure assessment
  • Safety Data Sheets and GHS

EU Decopaint Directive

  • Determination of VOC content
  • Compliance document

EU Construction Products Directive (CPD)

  • Determination of leaching into soil & water
  • Determination of emissions into indoor air

Occupational safety & hygiene

  • Assessment of work places
  • Skin protection & gloves testing

Company Safety

  • Criteria of technical safety
  • Risk Evaluation

Safety of Plants

  • Risk assessment

Environmental Monitoring

  • Stack emissions
  • Water and soil
  • Waste

Safety of machines

  • Risk assessment
  • CE Coordination
  • Guidelinesconformity

In-house training and workshop